My hubby is gone. To Idaho. No, he hasn't gone there to see any sporting events or to gamble (can you gamble in Idaho?) or watch any races. No, he went to help his parents move. And I've been grouchy about it ever since he walked out that door.
Grad school (yes, the excuse must come here) has been hard. Okay, truth be told, hard may be pushing it. You see, my sister and I watched a movie about Emma Smith last night. Her life was hard. No, her life was harder than hard.
Let's try that again, grad school has been challenging.
I have been a single parent for a lot of it while Jon has juggled 2 jobs and school and a needy, sometimes naggy wife. We have grown. But one can not grow without trials and pain and challenges.
So needless to say, I didn't want him to go to Idaho to help his parents move even though I told him he could go. (like I could really tell him not to go--then I would be a truly crappy daughter-in-law to boot!) I wanted him home with me. I get selfish when it involves my time with him as it doesn't happen too often right now. And to top it all off, he called to tell me they wouldn't be home till tomorrow. (yes, "they" would include him and the 3 children he willingly took along. I know, I know, I'm a brat.)
But then, he calls and he tells me something else-something HUGE. Something that could make the next month and a half so nice!! And all of the sudden, I am overcome with both shame (for my grouchy, selfish attitude) and gratitude, because we are so blessed. All the time. We don't serve to be blessed necessarily, but for some reason the Lord does still bless us when we serve (even sometimes when we have a not so righteous attitude).
And that is why I was going to complain about my hubby being gone and now, I won't.
Saturday, February 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
Some things DO make us really craby-- then real reality hits and we realize life really isn't too bad. That has totally been my week as Ryan and I hit our biggest personal challenge in our marriage so far. Life really isn't too bad and challenges make us grow stronger-- at least that is the point of them. Hopefully we won't falter with this one!
oh i love that!
there is a thing called the law of compensation...
Post a Comment