Friday, November 7, 2008

thinking on friday

A couple of things on my mind today.

Barack Obama is my President-elect. He will be my President. Though I did not vote for him, I will support him--as much as I can. I will pray for him. I will hope for him. And I will wait. Watch. And we will see. It will be okay. The people have spoken. And it gives me encouragement to see the transfer of power. There is much about the political process that bugs to no end. But it is relatively smooth still. And peaceful. I'm grateful for our great country. Watching this whole thing has renewed my love and devotion to my country.

Another thing on my mind. Is being offended a choice or a real emotion? I haven't decided. And so I don't judge those who either make that choice or feel that emotion. But in my own life, I have tried very, very hard to make the choice to not be offended by others. I have tried very, very hard to look at the person's heart. To look at them as a brother or sister in a spiritual sense. I get bugged, sure. But aren't we all just here, doing the best we can, trying the best we can? Do people really offend with the sole purpose to offend? I don't think so. I really don't. I do know that our Savior chose to never be offended. Even when provided with ample opportunity to feel offended, he chose the higher road. He still loved. I am not Him. I am not perfect. But I can try. And that is what I do. I love, I try, I pray, and I love some more.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Hi Kristin! Your blog is so cute, I checked out your recipe blog to and I will have to try out some of those recipes! Your family is soo adorable, your kids have the cutest faces! My blog is: http://rachandtrav.blogspot.com .

Cape Cod Washashore said...

How beautifully put! =)

Thank you for visiting my blog today! I am glad you commented! =)