
I took a shower at 3 PM today. Funny how the day just speeds by at warp speed. So fast I can't even take the half-hour for me to get clean until 3:00. And that was a good day. Yesterday, I didn't even see the other side of the shower curtain. I read a quote one time about how Helen Keller, Albert Einstein and some other amazing people only had 24 hours a day, just like me. I think it was supposed to be a motivating quote of sorts. Not so much. Though maybe I should find some consolation in the fact that the people on the list didn't have five children under the age of 9. Still, the majority of those five kiddos are not even home for the good majority of the day, so honestly is that really an excuse? The baby is nursing less. How can I get so little done each day? That question holds so much frustration for me. (and don't answer me by saying stay off the computer) Though that could be partly true. But all in all, I have spent a grand total of maybe 30 minutes on here today. So that isn't a huge chunk of time. Mothers of young children generally work hard. All day long. And the day comes to a close and there are still piles of laundry, clean and dirty, piles of toys, somewhere, kitty litters and dishes, homework pages and backpacks. I think I want a cut-off time. A time when I can sit down, sigh with relief and say, my job is done--for today. Alas, a mother's work never ends. Another quote. More inspiration. And so I close with a question, what time did you take a shower today?






1 comment:
So, this is one area where I make sure I get it done first thing-- because I will have an awful day with out showering! Sometimes I feel that is the only thing I do for myself! I do have to get up first (at 6am) in order to do it and I really don't like that part.
Post a Comment