Thursday, October 2, 2008

Strong Enough

That's what I want. I want to be the "rock" for my family I am supposed to be. And right now, today, I feel like a mushy piece of goop. Yeah, goop. Drippy, slimy and green. (to go with the green shirt I am sporting today) Today, I don't feel like I can do this anymore. My children are tired and grouchy; I am tired and grouchy; and my hubby is gone. The house is a MESS. Beyond a mess. There is no green carpet peeking through the layer of toys in the toy room. The laundry is mountainous and the kids room looks like . . . well, looks like a mess. The dog was neutered yesterday and is miserable--especially with his new accessory (the lovely lampshade). Dinner is ready (it's 7 pm) and it consists of a fried egg, a mini-popover, some canned peaches, and a glass of milk. Hmmmm . . . All I want to be is strong enough to get through these waning months of hubby's graduate school. A shout-out to all single parents out there. I seriously do not know how you do it.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

That sounds exactly like my saturday! except you feed your kids! I know that sounds awful that sometimes i get so overwhelmed that i don't feed them-- but the older ones are pretty self sufficient that they can help themselves to some random food. But Saturday was so awful I cried. I made sure Sunday was different-- and it was. What a difference a day makes! LOVE YA!
PS-- when days go like that-- having a messy house just makes it sooooo much worse!