Monday, May 26, 2008

Monday's Musings

Hmmm . . .before I started this blog, I had a bunch of ideas of things I wanted to blog about that weren't necessarilly connected to our family blog. Not so sure where all those ideas went to, but I have gotten tired of looking at the American Idol post so I had to type something!!!

So I added a playlist to this blog. And I like it. I like music. It can inspire, uplift--make you feel so good. Course on the flip side, it can make you feel like crap if it's the wrong kind of music. Music is definitly eternal in nature. What does music sound like in heaven?? Absolutely perfect I am sure. Does everything have a song? I have read in some near death experiences that even the flowers have a song. Interesting thought.

What else is on my mind? I am just typing for the heck of it right now. The weather is rainy. I like the rain, though. I miss the rain in North Carolina. I remember the summer we moved there, we lived at a campground for a summer while we were looking for a house. My sister and I lived in a tent while the rest of the fam was in the motorhome. It was cool though. Camping out for an entire summer. But I remember I had never seen rain like I saw that summer. It seriously rained every day in the afternoon. It would start off sunny, a warm afternoon thunderstorm would roll in and you would end the day with a fabulous sunset framed by the beautiful, humble Blue Ridge Mountains.
It was amazing. N.C. is a good place. Sometimes I miss it. Though if we ever leave this valley, I will miss the majestic mountains I see all around me every day. These babies as far as mountain ranges are concerned. I love them. I can't look at them without thinking of my God who created them--created everything here. Wow. We are so lucky to be alive.

1 comment:

2cooks5buns said...

I know I already said this, but I'm glad you have a playlist. I love music and I think it can be quite representative of us at a given time on anything. Like loud busy music if we are wanting to really get in the cleaning groove or soft classical for the I need some peace moments, or music with lyrics we are identifying with currenty. Anyhow, love the music.